Best of Bylot Ski Tour
The Best of Bylot Ski Tour is an arctic adventure of a life time. This skiing expedition takes place beneath the towering mountain peaks of Northern Baffin Island and Bylot Island, Nunavut. Views of Sirmilik National Park, and the Lancaster Sound National Marine Conservation Area will be additional highlights of the skiing route, that starts and ends in the inuit hamlet of Pond Inlet. Join guide David Reid as he shares his knowledge and experience of this remarkable part of the Canadian arctic.
Each group member must be physically fit, have previous winter, wilderness-travel experience, and be capable of pulling a small gear/supply sled for two weeks.
"Great gear, great guides, great skiing! What an Arctic adventure." John, Quebec, Canada
Recommended Skill Level And Dates
Guides 5:1 ratio
• 10 nights of camping, 2 nights hotel
• excellent trail meals and snacks from Day 2 lunch to Day 12 lunch
• Pond Inlet hotel meals: dinner (Days 1 and 12), breakfast (Days 2 and 13)
• "kitchen": group tent or tarp, cooking stoves, utensils, dishes, etc.
• tents: free-standing, custom expedition dome tents - 2 per tent
• sleeping bags and sleeping pads
• containers for food and group equipment
• first aid, safety, rescue, and repair kits
• communications equipment (satellite phone)
• airport transfers in Pond Inlet
• transportation of guides, group gear, food, etc. to Pond Inlet
Trip Rendezvous Point: Pond inlet, NU